Monday, September 11, 2006

Where to begin?

I guess finding covers goes in spurts. Or then again I used to have all the time in the world, more record stores, and more money. But today was a banner day, when Maia introduced me to Jonathan Coulton. She showed me his country-fied (sort of -- he mentions banjos but I didn't hear much) version of "Baby Got Back" which of course I loved, but then I found his version of Rick Springfield's "Don't Talk to Strangers" and I was hooked.

Then later I was reading blogs when I came across 100 Records. First things first -- why do "conservatives" (I use the quotes because they are currently "liberally" spending our money and starting wars, but I digress.) a) have to talk about how much they hate "liberals" so much? I mean buttons, links, etc. Honestly. I hate Republicans but I never (okay, rarely) blog about it and certainly wouldn't put up an anti-anything button on my blog. I even hate the "ad-free blog" buttons! or b) hate Hillary so much? Honestly, we non-Republicans don't love her. She's not our poster child or anything, but you seem to think she is.

*Anyway*, on 100 Records I found some more bitchin' (yes, the '80s are back. Deal with it.) covers! There are currently links to a band called Nouvelle Vague's really slow, interesting cover of "I Melt With You" by Modern English, and The Melvins' version of The Cars' "Candy-O". Genius!

So many covers, so little time.

P.S. Dragzter does "Kids in America", for my potential future website update. Don't hold your breath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home