Saturday, February 21, 2009

Thank You For the Music

I don't do Facebook, but I like Karen's meme so I figured why not.

Think of 15 albums, CDs and/or LPs that had such a profound effect on you they changed your life. Dug into your soul. Music that brought you to life when you heard it. Royally affected you, kicked you in the wazoo, literally socked you in the gut, is what I mean. Then when you finish, tag 15 others, including moi. Make sure you copy and paste this part so they know the drill. Get the idea now? Good. Tag, you’re it!

1. The Knack - Get The Knack
2. Blondie - Parallel Lines
3. Matthew Sweet - Inside
4. The Three O'Clock - Ever After
5. Scritti Politti - Cupid & Psyche '85
6. Adam Ant - Friend or Foe
7. Berlin - Pleasure Victim
8. The Cars - Shake It Up
9. Hall and Oates - Private Eyes
10. Bloodhound Gang - One Fierce Beer Coaster
11. Big Audio Dynamite - This is Big Audio Dynamite
12. Cocteau Twins - The Pink Opaque
13. Propaganda - A Secret Wish
14. The Wonder Stuff - The Eight Legged Groove Machine
15. The Ophelias - The Big O
16. Foreigner - Foreigner
17. Pop Will Eat Itself - Go Box Frenzy
18. The Posies - Dear 23
19. Sebadoh - Bubble and Scrape
20. The English Beat - I Just Can't Stop It

Okay, here's how I cheated - I had to go to 20 and I cut out a few! Basically these were the 20 albums that have affected my life the most. I know every song on the album by heart, I listen to it to this day, and probably have an LP, cassette, CD and MP3 version of each of them. These were my introduction to the rest of the band's catalog, and my favorite bands to this day are The Ophelias (you should hear their cover of The Kinks' "Wicked Annabella" - so far only on LP as far as I know), Sebadoh, Pop Will Eat Itself, The Posies and The Wonder Stuff.

3 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

you have good taste in music

1:18 AM  
Blogger Melisser said...

Wheat flour IS vegan. I would check People's Donuts & Nutrilicious donuts. The issue is butter substitutes tend to be soy based. Earth Balance is coming out with a soy free version though.

12:09 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Also, Duran Duran's Rio.

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home